<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/983156384719269997?origin\x3dhttps://simplymtc.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>




Let's Chat Elsewhere:


Check out my article on Mamanatural.com!




archive :



Four months later and still counting my blessings...
written on Thursday, January 10, 2013 @ 5:08 AM +

Ta-da! My son has finally hit his four month mark! It seems unreal; desperately unreal, because only yesterday I was sloshing through the bowels of post-partum depression, I-refuse-to-nap baby syndrom, and waking every two hours for feedings / boredom. I thought I was going insane. My Mother, as patient as she will be at times, reassured me that this dependent streak was all a phase. Temporary  was the word she used. The more you feel out of control and like you can't handle it anymore, remind yourself that this phase is only temporary. He will outgrow it. Every minute you conquer is a minute more towards him growing up just a little more. Minutes become hours become days become months and soon, you'll think to yourself, 'What happened??'. It goes faster than you think. And she is right.

Now, I don't want anyone to mistake this post as me griping about my son's old phases or even rejoicing in him growing up very fast. I treasure the moments of infancy and dependency like any clingy Mother would and should, but man, I'm so happy he only wakes up once during the night. I'm so happy he can finally play with his toys and interact with my husband and I. I wouldn't trade these moments for a single "newborn" moment. Not even once. It drove me insane having a slug for a baby. This being my first child, I wasn't briefed on the "usual" newborn baby behaviors. I mean, I didn't expect an acrobat or Einstein, but I certainly expected more than eat-sleep-poop-pee-cry rinse repeat routine. Just a little more didn't seem like I was asking too much. Now? He is doing more. He is learning more and I couldn't be happier that my first phase of Motherhood is over too!

At the same time,
That phase will never happen again. My Mr. Moo will never be a scrawny, premie baby ever again. He'll grow stronger, more independent, and soon he won't rely so much on me for cuddles and tummy time. He'll be on the move, as babies should, and that saddens me a little bit. My tear ducts ache when I think of him growing into a boy who prefers his friends over his Mommy. But, these things happen, and they happen every single day. As I hurdle towards more infant milestones, I also leap towards my little man growing up and out of my everyday life. It's weird, y'know? How one solution can create another problem- the "empty nest" problem.

I'm thinking very far into the future, I know, but it's tough to think about now and he's only four months old. Gah, I'm getting way too far into a tangent!

Well anyway!
Happy four months, Mr. Moo! Mommy loves you, more than you will ever want to hear. <3

Labels: ,


0 comment[s] | back to top






© 2015 - Original Layout Template by Afeeqah.
All Rights Reserved - Copywritten Content by Simply MTC 2015. Photos and graphics, unless otherwise stated, property of Simply MTC.